TJ's christening turns grim when a body is discovered in the church. Jane almost abuses her power in order to protect Tommy when Lydia's fiancé, Stuart Stawbridge threatens to take custody of TJ, and budget cuts cause tensions to run high around the department.
***This section contains SPOILERS. Read ahead at your own risk.*** Click here to skip to credits.
T.J.'s church christening becomes a disaster. His mother Lydia has a new man in her life and wants to relocate to Texas, with TJ and without Tommy, who has failed to fill out the custody paperwork. Then, Maura smells an odor, which leads to a woman's body being found covered in lime underneath the baptismal font. A gang tattoo is found on the body, meaning the woman was "claimed" by a local gang. Her boyfriend's father learned about being claimed and killed her for it because his son wouldn't leave her and thus would become a gang target. Meanwhile, budget cuts have been made in the department. Frankie is made a "floater" and others get notices that they could be reallocated. The move to Texas does not happen, as Lydia loses her new love interest due to his being allergic to dogs and she loves dogs.
- Angie Harmon as Detective Jane Rizzoli
- Sasha Alexander as Dr. Maura Isles
- Jordan Bridges as Officer Frankie Rizzoli, Jr.
- Lee Thompson Young as Detective Barry Frost
- Bruce McGill as Detective Vince Korsak
- Lorraine Bracco as Angela Rizzoli
- Brian Goodman as Sean Cavanaugh
- Colin Egglesfield as Tommy Rizzoli
- Darryl Alan Reed as Rondo
- Alexandra Holden as Lydia Sparks
- Timothy Landfield as Father Crowley
- Ramón Franco as Mateo Morales
- Rene Rosado as Samuel Morales
- Jareb Dauplaise as Stuart Strawbridge aka Strawberry
- Priscilla Garita as Bianca Valdez
- Eloy Casados as Factory Manager
- Gloria Garayua as Josie Garcia or Josette Garcia
- Carlos Ayala as Sal Peres
- Ana Villafañe as Isabella Valdez