When a beleaguered Jane spills hot coffee on a stranger at Boston Joe's, a viral video of Jane’s bad day potentially jeopardizes her career and reputation. Meanwhile, the squad rushes to solve a puzzling murder case involving a conspiracy theorist.
***This section contains SPOILERS. Read ahead at your own risk.*** Click here to skip to credits.
A sanitation worker is killed while dropping off items to an eccentric collector. The collector is a conspiracy theorist and constructed a makeshift EMP device that disabled adrone, that had flown to close to the neighborhood, subsequently knocking out the power. The worker was mistakenly killed by a man who worked for the drone's company because the collector had salvaged parts from the drone. Meanwhile, Jane accidentally spills hot coffee on a woman who sues her for damages. A video of the incident is posted online, but the team is able to prevent the lawsuit when the video shows the woman wore liquid-resistant clothing. The person videotaping the incident was a repairman that Jane had hired to fix her condo's plumbing. It was a plot to cause Jane to sell the condo to pay for the lawsuit, so that the woman and repairman could move in.
- Angie Harmon as Detective Jane Rizzoli
- Sasha Alexander as Dr. Maura Isles
- Jordan Bridges as Officer Frankie Rizzoli, Jr.
- Lee Thompson Young as Detective Barry Frost
- Bruce McGill as Detective Vince Korsak
- Lorraine Bracco as Angela Rizzoli
- Brian Goodman as Sean Cavanaugh
- Colin Egglesfield as Tommy Rizzoli
- Alan Rachins as Stanley
- Kelly Rohrbach as Officer Charlotte "Charlie" Hansen
- James Handy as Leroy Grovner
- Will Traval as Jim Blackman
- Christopher Darga as Mac Hazlet
- Guilford Adams as Gilbert
- Rebecca Corry as Claire Hanes
- Andrea Bordeaux as Barista
- Paxton the Dog as Jo Friday
- Tiffany Giddens as BPD Officer
- Randy Gordon as Jogger
- Kevin Nichols as Process Server
- Chris Schauble as TV Reporter
- Carol Schlanger as Mrs. Billings
- Harrison White as Daniel Raine