A community parade turns deadly in a case that brings family tensions and politics to the forefront. Maura, who is dealing with her own family issues, is not quite herself. And a surprise visit from Lt. Col. Casey Jones reveals some shocking news.
***This section contains SPOILERS. Read ahead at your own risk.*** Click here to skip to credits.
A state senator is killed by a sniper's bullet. The senator had known about a factory where the workers were supposed to have disposable uniforms but the factory owner failed to get them. The senator knew that toxins attached to the clothing were making kids sick. The senator's sister took bribes from the company to prevent any further investigation on the environmental hazards. The senator had planned to step down and expose the factory. Her sister killed her before that happened. Meanwhile, Isles is upset that she donated her kidney to Cailin, three months ago, and has yet to be thanked for it. She and Rizzoli get caught spying on Cailin, who gives Isles an heirloom from Paddy Doyle. Now recovered from his spinal surgery, Casey returns to Rizzoli's life. However, he tells her that he is returning to Afghanistan to help in the soldiers' therapy there.
- Angie Harmon as Detective Jane Rizzoli
- Sasha Alexander as Dr. Maura Isles
- Jordan Bridges as Officer Frankie Rizzoli, Jr.
- Lee Thompson Young as Detective Barry Frost
- Bruce McGill as Detective Vince Korsak
- Lorraine Bracco as Angela Rizzoli
- Brian Goodman as Sean Cavanaugh
- Chris Vance as Casey Jones
- Emilee Wallace as Cailin Martin
- Tina Huang as Susie Chang
- David Selby as Senator Malcolm Humphrey
- Hayley McElhinney as Jennifer Humphrey
- Tug Coker as Jeff Miller
- Fahim Anwar as Ismail Nader
- Kate Turnbull as Erica Humphrey-Miller